The USC Joint Preservation and Replacement Center at Keck Medicine of USC in Los Angeles offers specialized care for the preservation and replacement of the hip and knee, as well as cartilage repair.
Our orthopaedic surgeons provide relief for patients from diagnoses through rehabilitation for conditions such as arthritis, damaged cartilage and hip impingement. Our surgeons can perform minimally invasive procedures to help speed recovery time.
The USC Joint Preservation and Replacement Center has been recognized as a Blue Distinction Center, a center recognized for its expertise in delivering specialty care by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
We pride ourselves in the ability to provide the appropriate level of care for each specific condition, preserving the joint whenever possible and replacing the joint when necessary. Our program is multidisciplinary and our orthopaedic surgeons work with primary care physicians, anesthesiologists and other subspecialists in the medical field to ensure that our patients are placed in the best path toward success.
Unique aspects of our program include:
- Pain Management Protocol – Our patients take pain medications prior to undergoing joint replacement procedures, including the morning of the procedure. In addition, pain medication is injected into the joint prior to joint replacement procedures, so that typically, our patients do not feel pain following the procedure. USC orthopaedic surgeons generally use spinal anesthesia rather than general, which is less risky and allows for quicker recovery.
- Post operative Protocol – In most cases, our patients are in physical therapy the day of surgery, which allows them to go home one or two days after surgery, depending on the treatment given and the patient’s overall health. We’re focused on returning our patients back to an active lifestyle.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapists are actively involved in returning you to an active lifestyle. They are involved in the both conservative management of your condition and rehabilitation following surgery. A physical therapy program will be designed to meet your specific need.
Keck Medicine of USC orthopaedic surgeons are among the most experienced in the region, having performed more than 2,000 joint preservation and replacement procedures in the past two years. Staffed by surgeons with specialization in joint preservation and replacement, the center focuses on giving patients the highest level of care.
Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
Our orthopaedic physical therapists use specialized skills to assess and treat musculoskeletal injury and illness, prevent pain or further damage, train different muscles to compensate for ones that have been damaged and, ultimately, restore the patient’s ability to work, play and live as normally as possible. Orthopaedic physical therapy is provided on an inpatient and outpatient basis by therapists who are certified in this specialty. This means that they not only are licensed physical therapists, but also have met rigorous national standards of education, experience and clinical expertise in the specialty of orthopedics.
Orthopaedic physical therapy can benefit patients with a wide range of injuries or disorders, including:
- Post-operative joint replacement
- Hip and/or pelvic pain
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
After a thorough assessment to identify the source of your pain or mobility problem, we will design a treatment program tailored to your unique needs, utilizing a range of treatments. For more information, click here.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Orthogate – The Gateway to the Orthopaedic Internet
Overall physician rating
What are patients saying about us
I really liked Dr. Weber, I would recommend him to anyone.Review for ALEXANDER EVAN WEBER MD